"Ordered 5 sets of Satin Chrome finish door handle sets for collection in store. Picked up no problems; prompt and courteous service as usual. Very pleasantly surprised at quality of handles( had checked price of similar products at the three biggest DIY chains and thier cheapest equivalents were three times the cost). Got them home and fitted them straight away-mechanism and action of latch and handles very good,even the quality of the screws provided was much better than I expected from a product this reasonably priced. Won't be able to testify as to the durability of them till they have been in use for a while, but so far so good. Overall a great product at a great price."
This fitted the bill and I was pleasantly surprised to find it of really good quality considering it was the cheapest kit.
Its been a couple of weeks now since i've fitted it and it's still a good springy handle and keep..
Only negative point was the hinge screws.. but I usually use my own screws anyway (another screwfix purchase) as I always find screws in kits are cheap.. one didn't have a slot to put the screwdriver into ! :-)"
"I bought 4 sets of these to renew existing door handles that were looking old and tired.
Basically I would recommend these, with the following minor points noted:
1. Only 8 domed chrome plated screws are provided with each door handle set. A couple of spares would be useful since they are easily damaged, and in my case one had a malformed head. If you are fitting these in bulk, buy an extra set as a spare - its not a lot of money compared to the time involved. Screwfix - ship the item with 10 screws - not eight!
2. I didn't need the hinges in my situation. These were binned - seems a bit of a waste.
3. The tube shaped mortice latch - the brass tongue moved a bit more than I would have expected in some cases - front to back (not in/out). With one unit I had to swap with another to ensure the door properly closed when simply pushed into position. Once fitted everything was OK. Again - buy a spare unit if you are doing these in volume.
4. The latch part should be lightly lubricated before use - several of my latches were slightly stiff and 'scratchy' sounding. Oil fixed that.
4. Quality/Style - I fitted these on upstairs doors, I wouldn't however recommend these for main lounge/downstairs main rooms and similar - buy something with a bit more quality.
"The handles seem to be a good quality, especially for the price. The latches are okay and work well. I didn't need the hinges so can't comment. Amazingly even the included screws are okay, which is exceptional in a product of this price - normally I use others. Very good value and easy to fit. I can't comment on reliability of any components as I have only just fitted them."
"We bought 5 sets to renew all our upstairs handles. We are really happy with how good these look, even without consideration to the price, which we were very happy with. The fact that the pack includes all the hinges and screws, for the money we dont think we could have got any better. Only had them on for a weekend, so as the "performance" or "reliability" we just marked it as good. Overall they look great, work as they should and didn't break the bank."