"I bought 4 sets of these to renew existing door handles that were looking old and tired.
Basically I would recommend these, with the following minor points noted:
1. Only 8 domed chrome plated screws are provided with each door handle set. A couple of spares would be useful since they are easily damaged, and in my case one had a malformed head. If you are fitting these in bulk, buy an extra set as a spare - its not a lot of money compared to the time involved. Screwfix - ship the item with 10 screws - not eight!
2. I didn't need the hinges in my situation. These were binned - seems a bit of a waste.
3. The tube shaped mortice latch - the brass tongue moved a bit more than I would have expected in some cases - front to back (not in/out). With one unit I had to swap with another to ensure the door properly closed when simply pushed into position. Once fitted everything was OK. Again - buy a spare unit if you are doing these in volume.
4. The latch part should be lightly lubricated before use - several of my latches were slightly stiff and 'scratchy' sounding. Oil fixed that.
4. Quality/Style - I fitted these on upstairs doors, I wouldn't however recommend these for main lounge/downstairs main rooms and similar - buy something with a bit more quality.
5. Overall, very happy with this product.."
Share this Review:
Review 2 for Short Back Victorian Straight Lock Door Handle Pair Satin Chrome
"We bought 5 sets to renew all our upstairs handles. We are really happy with how good these look, even without consideration to the price, which we were very happy with. The fact that the pack includes all the hinges and screws, for the money we dont think we could have got any better. Only had them on for a weekend, so as the "performance" or "reliability" we just marked it as good. Overall they look great, work as they should and didn't break the bank."