IP66. 2 Wire electronic push button activated time delay switch ensures lighting is not left on, so saves energy. Replaces existing single gang wall switch. No neutral required, adjustable from 2min to 2 hours for fluorescent and incandescent lighting, and resistive loads. With re-trigger function, last minute indicator and time cancellation. Suitable for lighting, heating and ventilation.
Average Customer Rating:
(6 Reviews) 6
Rating Snapshot(6 reviews)
3 of 6(50%)reviewers would recommend this product.
Customer Reviews for Outdoor 2 Wire Push Button Timer
"I spoke to the manufacturers today and they said that this should be used for lighting in the main. They can be used on heating and ventilation but not HEATERS. They said they should not be used on patio heaters because these are 2 wire which need a 24 hour supply and should not be isolated in any way.
They recommended the 3 wire with neutral as this can be isolated.
I found these switched really effectivelyand timed to the second the switching off. Used these to light the lamps around a pool."
"This is a very good product. Also Elkay's customer service is absolutely brilliant. I made a couple of enquiries about installing the switch & they were so helpful. My only beef about the switch is that it has a really irritating blue light showing all the time. This really draws the eye as it's installed right opposite my kitchen window. I shall call Elkay & see if it's possible to disable that."
"bought this to power 3 energy saver spotlamps for my chlidrens play area. easy to fit and set up. only gripe is that the switch itself is too stiff for them to push themselves. takes a big powerful thumb to get it to work. when it is working it does the job superbly."
"I have now bought four of these switches, of which one worked and three didn't, from the very start. I blamed my electrician, who said the product was faulty but he couldn't resolve it. The lights stayed on all the time. I thought three products in a row can't be faulty. I spoke to the manufacturer. They said we must have connected it without following the correct procedure, wired to a circuit with a load and powered off. We had wired it correctly, I watched the last installation. We contacted the manufacturer again, and their technical department sent us an A4 page of instructions on how to recharge it using a 9v battery. We connected it as instructed, the neon flickered but not as rapidly as required and after a minute the built in battery swelled up. We called the technical department again. Ah, you cooked the battery they said, you connected it for too long. I said some advice to that effect would be helpful. I tried this on switch number two, this time only connecting it for ten seconds. The neon flickered but still not as rapidly as required. Wary of over-doing it I tried this on the circuit, but the lights remained on all the time. I repeated the process twice. On the third attempt the neon flashed twice then remained out, so although I only connected the battery for ten seconds it still blew the 3.6v circuit. I then tried again on switch number three. This time I connected the 9v battery for a bit longer, about 30secs. The neon flickered at four second intervals like the last one but after three flashes went dead and wouldn't restart. I've now written to the manufacturer with a copy of their email instructions and returned the dud fittings. To all the reviewers who have written in saying these products don't work this is why. If you buy one and it doesn't work straight away and you don't keep it charged return it to Screwfix. They are impossible to restart following the manufacturer's instructions, which are not even supplied with the fitting, you have to ask for them. I wasted £100 on electrician's fees trying to perform a faulty diagnostic. Purchasers should also note these fittings don't work on a load of less than 40W. The technical department told me that - it isn't in the instructions. Note also they consume 5W in switched off mode, so they will probably consume as much electricity as they save. The one that worked looks nice and performs well, but when I add in the cost of the duds, the electrician's fees and my time trying to resolve the issues that switch has probably cost over £1000. Good luck."
"I have just had my third failure of these switches. Although they have always been installed by qualified electrician and as detailed by manufacturer they are simply not fit for purpose. They let water in which builds up and then the whole thing shorts and normally either the lights just stay on or they flicker. Bought to run safety external lights in block of flats and so not impressed that this thing does not work. On average they are lasting just over a year before the water build up shorts the cicuitry . I would suggest if you want a reliable outdoor delay switch you look elsewhere!!!!!!"
"I bought 2 of these, to control some air blowers in the pool.
I have followed the instructions to the letter, and they simply do not work, after 2 hours and trying both units and getting the same problem, then getting my electrician to look at them nothing. The equipment stays on no matter what you do indefinitely.
The push button is a joke, its like pushing against a cliff face.