"WC Close Coupling Kit Despite the comments about the metal bracket being to thin this works a treat. Non-plumbers take note this is not to be tightened to tight just to form a water tight seal which it does well. I always fit this when changing the fill and/or flush valve. Good practice and never leaks. I keep a bag of them in the van always."
"when changing closed coupled cistern syphon, it's really sensible to have one of these on hand to make sure the job goes smoothly. If the old one is nackered, unless you fit a new one you could be making a crisis out of the refit , ie leaks meaning you have to dismantle again"
"Essential for 99% of all jobs where close-coupled cistern removal is needed. You might take a chance sometimes on the other 1%! The metal washers under the wingnuts are too small, as some pans have larger cast-in holes, and the supplied washers pull through when tightened up. I wish they still supplied the rubber washers for these as well."
"instructions poor, but any diy plumber should have no problums working it out. main fault is either doughnut ring a bit large or back plate needs to be stronger so it does not bend when tightened down."
"Fits most close coupled cistern/toilet pan connections. Latest supplier to Screwfix though has removed the essential rubber washers which seems a great pity as you now have scratch around in your junk washer box or re-use the old ones."
"Donut washer seemed OK but the backplate was flimsy and bent into a curve when the cistern was screwed on to the bowl so that a tight fit couldn't be achieved (big gap left). Maybe the donut washer was too big for my toilet? In the end I used the old rusty backplate which was better quality and didn't bend when screwed on tight. Good fit now."
"Great price on item, but is that for a particular reason?? I found the fixing plate flimsy, and the donut enormous. There's a possibility that the donut is so thick that the fixing plate can't cope with the strain of pulling it down. Its a great concept and I have used others that have worked very well - but did cost more at the merchants. I had too many issues with this product and won't be using again."
"Be aware that this kit is designed for cisterns that do not have bolt holes to connect them to the pan. Even so the metal plate is not the strongest and the kit would be better with rubber washers as others have suggested. A separate bolt kit with conical rubber washers will cost me another £4 from a DIY chain."